planetWayne.com - Forums
Rants and Raves and Generally Anything
They Broke My Web Site!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    planetWayne.com - Forums Forum Index -> Blogger
View previous topic :: View next topic  
planetWayne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: They Broke My Web Site! Reply with quote

What a blast! - you would think these people would at least keep thinks simple? Changing the format all the time makes it a PITA (no not the bread) for my web site. Most of the time the content changes itself without me having to worry!
If you havnt figured out what I am on about yet - I'll fill you in...
The sections below for the TV, Weather etc are not actually done by me - yes realy! These things are created with PHP code that goes off to the original site - strips out the bits I need (changing the url referances etc as we go) - and includes them on the main page. Simple!
Well, either the BBC just got fed up with my site (I seriously doubt THAT!) or (as typicly them) they got fed up with thiers and decided to change the layout of things, doing roll overs and all sorts... Anyways the short of it is - its now a right pain to try and find 'patterns' in the web page that I can easily lock onto Crying or Very sad. So...
Managed to find another nice and simple site (well its rather big realy) that has nice and easy to trap weather pages... All from MyWeatherForcast.com
Nice and simple.
AND to cap it all - Teletext.com - the people that do the teletext on UK tv's decided that thier web site wasnt needed as was and stopped pritty much all the info pages - other than buying holidays! so there goes the Lotto - for now!
On the up side - the galleries are filling nicely - some new pictures in the funnies and some more movies and games to play. For some reason the BodyArt section always seems popular - have no idea why!! Surprised

DISCLAIMER - The web sites that I use to view external site information on are credited at each point - any click throughs that are attached to a section will take you back to the original site - This was done as an exersise in coding only - I just thought I would mention this.
Tamworth Weather

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Weather Info Reply with quote

Just a thought, if you would like access to a live weather resource for Tamworth, look no further than http://www.tamworthweather.org.uk

Cheers

Very Happy
Tamworth Weather

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Links Reply with quote

Hi agian,

The link exchange is fine with me, I've setup a section on my site and added you there.
Keep in touch

www.tamworthweather.org.uk
Tamworth Weather

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how's it going? - all seems a bit quiet at the moment.
planetwayne

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - all quiet at the home front - mega busy at the work front (which is why its all quiet at home. Sad )

One thing I was going to ask is would it be possible to use the graphic from your front weather page that gives the outlook? ( I dont know if the numbers after the url are important). Was thinking of adding this into the weather section on the front page. You of course will be fully credited and any clickthroughs will be directed to your sight.

Thanks
Wayne.
Tamworth Weather
planetFreshman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Graphic use Reply with quote

Hi ya,

Sorry for the delay in getting back. Yes it would be fine to use the graphic with links throughs etc.

The URL you need is http://www.tamworthweather.org.uk/broadcast.jpg but it will not automatically refresh unless you use meta refresh or some other form of refresh on your page.

Thanks

TW
Post new topic   Reply to topic    planetWayne.com - Forums Forum Index -> Blogger All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: