planetWayne.com - Forums
Rants and Raves and Generally Anything
Help! Agi scripting trouble...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomo
planetFreshman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Help! Agi scripting trouble... Reply with quote

Hi, if anyone can help with these questions i have, i would really really appreciate it.

1)I am trying to create an agi script that will add/remove and extension in extenstion.conf. I understand that the agi application interface allows you to use agi commands as well as the other asterisk applications(via exec <application> <options>). However i noticed there is no add/remove extension option in any of these commands/applications. Is there a such a command within the standard agi command library?
2)I do however notice that there is a CLI command "add extension" and "remove extension" which would satisfy what i am trying to achieve, however, i am unable to access or run these commands by passing them via stdout to asterisk. It says that the commands are not registered(ie that they are not part of the agi command library etc)...Is there a way of registering them or accessing them?
3)In using the CLI command "add extension" i successfully added an extension, but when i looked for the newly created extension in the extension.conf file, i could not find it. Can you tell me where it would be saved?
4)My overall goal->I am trying to manipulate the extensions.conf file(add/remove extensions) and also the sip.conf and iax.conf files(adding and removing users/peers etc) and integrating this with a gui, to make the whole config process easier. Can you please recommend an approach to achieving this ?.

I know this is long winded, but any help you can give me would be most appreciated. I konw there are GUI's available that already do this, however i was really hoping to implement these simple tasks via my own separate agi's.(also i would like to expand my programming skills to see how you would implement such modules in asterisk)
Thank you very much for your time.
nomo.
planetWayne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you ever get this working?

W.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    planetWayne.com - Forums Forum Index -> VoIP All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: