planetWayne.com - Forums
Rants and Raves and Generally Anything
Ho i can....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
roots_ragga
planetFreshman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Ho i can.... Reply with quote

To setup the language in an application (Ex.: The VoiceMailMan)
When i run the extension to reach the Voicemail, in the asterisk screen , it appear as language=en, not the "br" language , where i put a directory with this name on the sounds directory and i looked up at asteriskguru.com to define a language on this example (http://www.asteriskguru.com/tutorials/setlanguage.html) and i included this context to the defaut context... :S I use asteriskathome... And i can't reach the exten to modufy this.... heheh Embarassed
What i can do?
:S
Thanx
planetWayne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya!
Looking at that link you posted, you need to create a sub-directory of
Quote:
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/{lang}
where {lang} is your language code.

So (as per their example), if you wanted to create French - you need to create the folder FR in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/

I don't think that asterisk comes with any other language files by default so you will need to get someone to record the correct sound files in the language you want. These need to then be saves into this new directory. When asterisk needs to play a sound - it will then look in this directory first for the file and play from there. If it doesn't find it - asterisk will just use the defaults. The names that you save these files as will need to match the filename that asterisk is using otherwise, again, they wont play.

You will also need to edit the correct .conf files and set your language codes within them. I don't know if '*@home' will let you edit these directly - if not then you need to connect to your asterisk box and edit them with a text editor.

Take a look on the Wiki here there's a more in depth explanation of what your looking for and language sound files, but again, if your language doesn't exist - its out with the microphone Smile

HTH!
Wayne.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    planetWayne.com - Forums Forum Index -> VoIP All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: