planetWayne.com - Forums
Rants and Raves and Generally Anything
'notify' wrong extension

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luismanson
planetFreshman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: 'notify' wrong extension Reply with quote

hi, i readed
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20i%20extension#comments

but i cant make any setup to play a message when a wrong numbre is dialed, can anyone make a sugestion?
i want somthing like play a message when a wrong number is dialed and then hangup...

bye, thanks
planetWayne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya,
I take it you got the bit in that url you posted that said that the 'i' extention does not seem to work Question

What it appears to be saying is that you create a new context
Quote:
[bogons]
exten => _.,1,what_to_do_for_fat_fingers_always_misdialing

obviously replace the 'what_to_do...' bit with your own commands, playbacks etc that you want to happen when someone messes up. Same rules apply to other 'exten =>' lines that you can have more priorities if needed.

The bit that seems to be missing... you need to 'include => [bogons]' in your context that has your phones in it Exclamation
If you dont include, then it will never be recognised...

The way this thing seems to work is that the '_.' used for the pattern matching, is a 'catch all' match. In other words this will catch any extention dialed that hasnt been matched already ( a messed up dial ).

There are some rules that apply to the order that exten's and included context get applied that you need to watch out for - otherwise you will be catching everything with this new context and nothing will get dialed as you would expect.

Take a look Here to see about the sort order.

Hope This Helps
Wayne.

ps. I havn't tested this myself - if I get chance later I will try and set somthing up and post back the results.
planetWayne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

Ive had a little play and come up with this - take a look! Let me know how you get on.

Wayne.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    planetWayne.com - Forums Forum Index -> VoIP All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: