planetWayne.com - Forums
Rants and Raves and Generally Anything
Cooking On Gas, well nearly

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wheelbarrowhandle
planetFreshman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Cooking On Gas, well nearly Reply with quote

Ok, i Have got the incoming side of the SPA3000 and * working.

2 things though, If i call into test i hear 2 rings before any home phones ring. Is this normal, or can it be reduced.

Also CLI is passed though ok as i can see it in the log, but what i see on the phone is NTL and then the calling Number. NTL is the name i have given to the device in sip.conf. is it pobbile to force it only to send the number and not the device name.

On one of my phones it's ok, but on the other it comes up as unavailble.

Regards

Paul
planetWayne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya!
Yeah - two rings is about right - from what I can remember, its because the caller line id is sent after the 1st 'brrring brrring' - which is when the SPA can lock on and get the CLI.

As for the 'NTL' bit - I've got different ID's depending on the source of the call - 'LL' for land line, 'VoIP' for an internet based number - its just so I've got an idea when I look at the phone as to where its coming from.

you could try
Code:
exten => s,n,SetCIDName,""

I guess to blank out the CID name part of the number - that may work.

Glad things are working ok.
Wayne.
wheelbarrowhandle
planetFreshman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Wayne,

I've put that in and it sort of works, i now get a number shown on the phone, but it's only 8 digits. I think it must be the dect handset thats not liking it as it works ok on a normal phone.

I've got VM working too but it's not sending e-mails, So i need to look into that.

Do you know what i need to type in to the CLI, so show messages, like incoming call or to see if there is an error when it tries to send a messge.

Regards

Paul
planetWayne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Paul,
I guess you have your email address in your voicemail.conf file and you can actually leave messages in the system Question

One thing to watch out for when you remote connect to the asterisk console is to use the -v options. The more V's you add the greater the 'verboseness' of the messages. When I log in to asterisk I normally hold the V key down a while and fill the line before adding the 'rc' to the end (r=remote, c=colour) so I end up with
Code:
asterisk -vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvrc

Cant say I've ever seen a message saying that its trying to send an email but fortunately its always worked.
I think it uses 'sendmail' to actually send the message - so I guess if you can send a message outside of asterisk then there should be no reason why asterisk cant send one either.

hth
Wayne.
wheelbarrowhandle
planetFreshman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wanye,

Thanks for that, i've solved the e-mail, it was a postfix/sendmail problem, with files to big.

Thanks for the v^n rc command.

I now have the system doing the basics.

Thanks

Paul
planetWayne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Worries!
Glad that I have been able to help Very Happy

Catch you later -
(Oh - I've been playing around with flite and cepstral text to speech at the mo! - and it works too!

Wayne.
wheelbarrowhandle
planetFreshman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wayne,

Just an update, * stops working after a while and i can't see why.

I have had a look in the var/log/asterisk/messages and there's nothing in there apart form :-

[root@zm asterisk]# tail -f messages
Sep 14 17:12:37 NOTICE[31214] res_musiconhold.c: Request to schedule in the past?!?!
Sep 14 19:08:54 NOTICE[31214] res_musiconhold.c: Request to schedule in the past?!?!
Sep 14 21:42:23 NOTICE[31214] res_musiconhold.c: Request to schedule in the past?!?!
Sep 14 23:17:02 NOTICE[31214] res_musiconhold.c: Request to schedule in the past?!?!
Sep 15 00:08:30 NOTICE[31214] res_musiconhold.c: Request to schedule in the past?!?!
Sep 15 02:38:01 NOTICE[31214] res_musiconhold.c: Request to schedule in the past?!?!
Sep 15 03:22:08 NOTICE[31214] res_musiconhold.c: Request to schedule in the past?!?!
Sep 15 05:45:59 NOTICE[31214] res_musiconhold.c: Request to schedule in the past?!?!
Sep 15 07:33:23 NOTICE[31214] res_musiconhold.c: Request to schedule in the past?!?!
Sep 15 08:58:26 NOTICE[31214] res_musiconhold.c: Request to schedule in the past?!?!

Sep 15 16:09:38 NOTICE[14505] cdr.c: CDR simple logging enabled.

Note the CDR bit appears when i start * again.

The mahine is on 24/7 and hasn't reboot at any time in the last 21days.

Since i'm new to the * lark where should i start looking for error messages/debug info.

Thanks

Paul
planetWayne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya!
I've had those 'Request to schedule in the past' message before - never seemed to cause me any problems tho.

I've just checked my 'uptimes' which are currently 29 days for Linux and 3 weeks + 2 days for Asterisk.

The only reason it is that low is we had a bad storm with the power going up and down (and I need new batteries for my UPS!) - but normally it doesn't seem to have any problems.

It just sits and runs. I did have some grief when I ran an old x100p clone - it died and just sent Asterisk loopy but that's not in there at the mo.

Does Asterisk itself hang or the whole OS? also are you getting any message on the console that could indicate a problem?

Sorry for the vagueness at the mo but I must admit I've never had any issues with stability...

Cheers
Wayne.
wheelbarrowhandle
planetFreshman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Waye,

It's just * that stops.

It if telnet in and run asterisk -vvvvvvvvvvvrc i get told it's not runing, so i start it again and it's ok.

Also if i pick up the phone attached to the spa3000 i get a single ring in the ear and then normal dialtone. This informs me * has stopped.

I guess i just need to set up deamon tools to force * to start again when it stops.

Thanks

Paul
planetWayne
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha...
No Idea why asterisk is stopping but if you start it with safe_asterisk it takes care of auto restarting itself!

You might want to give that a go first Smile

Wayne.
wheelbarrowhandle
planetFreshman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Wayne,

I'll give that a go and see.

Regards

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    planetWayne.com - Forums Forum Index -> VoIP All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: